Friday Faves – fANNEtastic food | Registered Dietitian Blog
1) Pumpkin! Now that it’s legit fall weather, bring on the pumpkin! (See also: my round up of fave Healthy Pumpkin Recipes for Fall) I’ve been enjoying my Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal and Gluten Free Spiced Pumpkin Pancake this week, as well as my Pumpkin Muffins of Deliciousness (ah, throwback to the good old days when I didn’t think about SEO when I wrote recipe titles… you fellow bloggers feel me!). Riese has been enjoying the first two with me as well which is a nice bonus!
2) Speaking of fall… FALL WEATHER!!!! It’s so amazing to be able to go for long walks with Riese and Freyja without drowning in sweat and/or being exhausted afterward. Hooray! There are some pretty fall leaves on the ground now, too, although things haven’t fully started to change yet.
3) Lemon tahini dressing. You guys know I love my homemade vinaigrettes, but it has been fun mixing it up with a lemon tahini dressing this week! We had some leftover burgers and I had them atop salad with some 90 second brown and wild rice and the dressing. So good! It was about 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons tahini, a small clove of minced garlic, a pinch of salt, and a splash of water and drizzle of olive oil. Give it a shot!
4) Nutritional yeast on popcorn. Have you guys tried this before? It’s such a good combo – it makes it taste cheesy. Yum!
MY OTHER RECIPES
5) The book “Off the Clock: Feel Less Busy While Getting More Done.” A friend and I recently decided to start doing a mini two person book club where once a month we read a book and then discuss it over a run date, and this was the first book we picked! So far I’m enjoying it and finding it useful. What should we read next – any ideas?
Have a great weekend, guys! I’m thinking this weather calls for a batch of my Pumpkin Goji Biscotti, don’t you? 😉
It’s actually going to be a busy weekend over here because FNCE, the huge annual dietitian conference, is this weekend – and it’s here in DC this year! Quite convenient for me! The conference starts on Saturday and goes through Tuesday. I’m going to try to pop in with a weekend recap on Monday, but the schedule is jam packed started Sunday morning, so we’ll see! Either way I have a recipe post going up on Tuesday so stay tuned for that – and I’ll be back to regular programming come Thursday. 🙂