Friday Faves/Randomness – fANNEtastic food | Registered Dietitian Blog
Hi guys! Popping in with some faves to close out your weeks. In case you missed it, be sure to check out the gift guide I posted yesterday – there are gift ideas for your favorite runner, fitness fan, foodie, new/expectant parent, baby, and 1-ish year old! And now, on to the randomness.
1) We leave for Florida on Sunday!! Matt and I decided it was time to get brave and actually go on a trip with Riese that involved flying vs. just driving. Our nanny needs next week off so we decided it was the perfect opportunity for a little family vacay! Bring on the sunshine. You can see what we are up to on Instagram, and I have a bunch of blog posts scheduled to go live next week while we’re gone, too, so please keep checking back as usual. 🙂 If you have any tips for air travel with 1 year old, I’d love to hear them!
2) I’m loving everything but the kitchen sink grain salad bowls lately – this one had leftover roasted butternut squash, brown rice, arugula, feta, apple and cabbage slaw, pulled pork, and radishes. Told you it was everything but the kitchen sink. 😉 Super random but satisfying combo! I put a lemon/olive oil/apple cider vinegar vinaigrette on top.
3) I’m honored to be on the IFIC podcast talking about intuitive eating for kids, and how you can help teach your child to have a healthy relationship with food. Check it out here.
MY OTHER RECIPES
4) This is my new favorite breakfast.
5) I’m obsessed with baby holiday and winter clothes. The tiny sweater dresses! The fuzzy boots (which she pulls off immediately, of course)! The adorable hats and coats! I can’t take the cuteness.
6) Speaking of the little one, this is how we spend all day everyday. My little velcro babe! Note to self: don’t wear loose pants. 😉
7) This TED Talk is worth a listen.
8) (sponsored) One more holiday gift idea: nice sheets! These sheets are fabulous… so soft and cozy but cool/breathable, and I love that they are 100% organic cotton and fair trade. This supportive + plush organic pillow is awesome too.
9) If you want a fun idea for decorating pies this holiday season, make paper snowflakes, place them on the top of the (baked/cooled/set) pie, and shake some confectioners sugar on top!
Remove the paper et voila – fun snowflake shapes on your pie. 🙂 Sarah and I used a bit too much sugar because we were busy photographing, but it still came out cute! It didn’t work as well on the pie on the left because that one was still pretty moist – it absorbed everything! So try this on more dry/fully set pies.
Sidenote – who else is obsessed with the Great British Baking Show?!
I love it – so entertaining and it’s amazing how creative they get – it’s really inspiring me! I love how positive and supportive they are with each other, too… I don’t like normal reality TV much because it’s always so negative/catty, so this has been a breath of fresh air. 🙂 I just watched the “vegan week” episode in season 6, so it’s appropriate to share that I’ve got a vegan no bake (but bake-friendly) pie crust recipe coming at you on Monday – stay tuned, and have a great weekend!