Honey Lime Chicken with Grilled Peach & Corn Salad – fANNEtastic food | Registered Dietitian Blog
Hi guys – I’m excited to share another fun grilling recipe with you today as part of my ongoing partnership with ALDI! This Honey Lime Chicken with Grilled Peach & Corn Salad is packed with flavor and makes for a fantastic and fresh summer meal. Matt and I loved it so much when we first made it a couple weeks ago that we’re already talking about having friends over for dinner and making it again! It is so flavorful but really fast and simple and doesn’t require a ton of hands-on time – perfect for entertaining.
I love having huge salads for dinner in the summer, but I still want something filling and hearty. This salad is packed with flavorful ingredients and interesting textures, and is really satisfying without feeling heavy. Plus the flavor is out of this world! I love the combination of sweet grilled corn and peaches with tangy lime marinated chicken and tons of fresh herbs. Matt and I were both “mmmmm”-ing through this whole meal.
ALDI has everything you need for a better-for-you and easy summer meal – high-quality, affordable food, of course, but other summer items, too. Did you know you can actually buy a grill at ALDI in the ALDI Finds section? Or that they sell solar powered walkway lights for your yard? We picked up a bunch of those last month – they were cheaper and way better than the ones we bought years ago at the hardware store! (FYI that these items are only available for a limited time.) I love how many organic food offerings they have nowadays too – their Never Any! Fresh Organic Chicken Breast and SimplyNature Organic Spring Mix are featured in this recipe, and they’re two faves we keep coming back to. (Here’s the ALDI store locator to find one near you.)
ALDI also has an awesome but affordable beer and wine selection. Last time we were there we stocked up on some fun summer-y beers to enjoy while doing our grilling. Amber Ale for me, IPA for him! We snagged a bunch of wine, too – always good to have on hand for impromptu summer hosting. 🙂
MY OTHER RECIPES
Anyway! Back to the recipe, because you’re going to want to make this ASAP. This whole meal comes together in about 20 minutes on the grill, so it’s perfect for a summer weeknight dinner, or for hosting, like I mentioned earlier. I also love that the marinade is the same as the salad dressing, so you aren’t making multiple sauces.
Just whisk together the marinade, setting some aside for the salad dressing, and then add the chicken in. Marinate briefly, then grill the chicken, corn, and peaches, and toss the whole salad together. Easy! If you want, you can always have the ear of corn on the side vs. sliced off on the salad – whatever works! Also, a tip re: the peaches – less ripe is better so they don’t fall apart on you!
The bright, summery herbs are a big highlight of this dish – so flavorful. Don’t skimp on them! Here’s the full recipe:
Honey Lime Chicken with Grilled Peach and Corn Salad
5 minutes Prep Time
10 minutes Cook Time
15 mins Total Time
- 1 lb Never Any! Fresh Organic Chicken Breasts
- 1/3 cup SimplyNature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon SimplyNature Organic Wildflower Honey
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus 2 tbsp cilantro leaves for salad
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or grated
- 4 peaches, pitted and quartered (less ripe is better)
- 4 ears of corn
- 5 oz SimplyNature Organic Spring Mix
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
- Stonemill Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Combine olive oil, honey, lime juice, cilantro, and garlic in a bowl or jar. Stir or shake to combine, season with salt & pepper, then reserve 1/3 cup of dressing for salad.
- Place the remaining dressing in a large bowl, add the chicken breasts, and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for up to 30 minutes (but not much longer, or the lime will start to break down proteins in the chicken).
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, pat dry with paper towels, and place on the grill. Brush the corn and cut sides (without the skin) of the peaches with olive oil and place on the grill as well.
- Close grill lid and cook for 5-6 minutes, until the peaches are charred and one side of the chicken has grill marks and releases from the grill easily. Remove the peaches from the grill to cool and flip the corn and chicken.
- Cook for another 5-6 minutes, then remove the corn to cool and check the chicken for doneness. Continue cooking the chicken, if needed, until it reaches 165 degrees at the center.
- Cut the corn off of the cobs and dice the grilled peaches. Place the greens in a large salad bowl and top with the corn kernels and peaches. Add the basil leaves, remaining cilantro, and reserved dressing. Toss to coat everything with dressing.
- Serve chicken atop salad and enjoy!
Thank you to ALDI for sponsoring this post! Check ALDI out on their healthy living page and Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for more affordable, better-for-you recipe inspiration!
What are your favorite ALDI finds for the summer? I was so pumped about those solar lights!
Want more ALDI-themed recipes? Check these out: